The last two days have been a bit mellower than the first week. We were still feeling the effects of referee induced sickness, and the television just kept showing us replay after replay of the "Phantom Call".
The day was a bit of downer for me as well, as I had to take Ryan to the airport for the long journey back to Maryland. We all really loved having him around and I know he would have loved to stay longer. So, as in the the movie The Hangover, our Wolfpack just got reduced by one.
We went out that night in an effort to get Cameroon v Denmark tickets and were only successful in getting 3 tickets. Curtis was really looking forward to seeing Denmark so Jimmy, German, and Curtis went in. Corey, Clint, and I then headed up to Hatfield square to get some dinner and watch one of the more entertaining matches of the cup on the big screen. We then texted the boys and told them we would meet them back at the guest lodge after the game expecting to get an early night and plenty of rest...then somebody broke out the wine, and it was quickly 2:00am (I keep reminding myself that I am not a wine drinker, but when you are out of beer.....)
The next morning we are buoyed by the news that a friend of ours is going to be able to hook us up with tickets for the Brazil v Ivory Coast match at Soccer city. It is soooo much more relaxing when you know you don't have to go dodge cops and crooks to scalp tickets. We decided to take in a local Sunday flea market and I bought a few stone sculpture pieces. I even made it back to the guest house in time to get a Skype video call into Gage, before he headed out to his classmates birthday party. it was a Jedi Training Academy and we had gotten him a totally cool Jedi costume. All good things come to an end, though, as German got an email about 4 minutes before we got on the highway that the tickets had fallen through. Huge bummer. As a group we decided that the Soccer City stadium was to much of a hassle to get to to try and get down there and scalp tickets. It is in the middle of nowhere, and if you don't manage to get tickets you can't get the bus back to your car until after the game. So, we decided to hit up Eastwood's, a local steakhouse right next to Loftus, and had a great meal, and watched the game there. Another mellow night
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment